We had a great day! It started out with me waking up to a totally quiet house as everyone was sleeping. I had a 21 pound turkey which supposedly takes 5 1/2 - 6 hours to roast. So I got it in the oven by about 7:40am. Once I got it ready to put in, I noticed it didn't have one of the pop up things to tell you it's done so I cruised over to King Soopers to get a meat thermometer wanting to avoid any roasting mishaps (think Cheers and the underdone turkey or Christmas Vacation and the overdone turkey). I grabbed a dozen donuts while I was there which the boys totally appreciated. Hey, it's the holidays...start the morning with sugar.
Robb got up and got ready to go play football with every other LDS guy in the area and came down the stairs saying, "Merry Christmas!" The boys were totally confused and Robb kept trying to convince them it was Christmas. They didn't buy it although I think Bryce was seconds away...
After the turkey was in and the boys were busy ingesting their sugar, I hit the treadmill. Somehow I feel like I can justify eating whatever the heck I want if I run my can off first. After about 30 minutes and a semi-pulled hamstring (I limped all day) I called it quits but bring on the pie!
Well, my massive turkey finished roasting in 3 1/2 hours...I know...I must have a pretty cool oven. So we were a little ahead of schedule. We headed over to combine all our food with the Stanworths, Crapos, Shannon, and Corrin. Dinner was DELIGHTFUL! Everybody's contributions were amazing. We laughed and ate and had a great time.
After we played fat dog for a bit and watched Erica clean the kitchen...ha ha...we played a game and then busted out the pecan pie, apple pie, and pumpkin cheesecake. Mmmmm...totally worth the run and the pulled hammy.
It's nice to be with family during the holidays but when you can't it's awesome to have great friends to chill with and enjoy the day. Thanks guys!
3 comments:
oh yeah.. it's proven - 30 min. on the treadmill totally negates any pie eaten within a 24 hour period! =)
sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Thanks for a great day!! Even if I was running from 9am until you got here. :-)
sounds like you had a great time! I love pie too! Although, I didn't get to run, so I guess I had better work out triple!
Post a Comment