11.21.2008

My "Holy Crap" Moment

So our birthmom, Sarah, was supposed to come to dinner tormorrow night and I had a voice mail from her this morning canceling because her Dr. put her on bedrest. That made me a titch nervous because she's not due till Jan. 21st. So we planned on taking dinner to her tomorrow instead. Then I get an email from my caseworker at about 1:30pm saying she has been admitted to the hospital and is in pre-term labor. What?!? So now I'm totally freaking out, worried about the baby being so early and worried about Sarah. We talked to her caseworker and he said Sarah really wanted us to come down to the hospital so Robb took off from work and we headed down. Well, thankfully, by the time we got there they had released her because they got her labor to stop. She got a test to kind of predict when she'd have the baby and the results said probably not for 2 weeks. So, anyway, they say the baby is totally healthy and will definitely be a 2008 baby. We just keep hoping and praying that it all goes well. But...HOLY CRAP...I guess I better go buy a few things since we've bought nothing. This kind of got our rears in gear...

7 comments:

alison said...

are you still going to puerto rico then??
we volunteer to go to puerto rico in your place. :) LOL!!

holy wow though--that is a wake-up call for sure. I hope the baby stays in as long as she needs to so that she'll be healthy. Hope Sarah's not too freaked out.

The Haley Family said...

WOW...so I guess no Puerto Rico?? I will come down if you need me!!!

Get a move on it girl!!!

Jolayne said...

Hmm, gotta be happy about shopping for cute girls stuff.

KrisJ said...

OMGosh! Scary! I will be saying lots of prayers for birth mom and baby to stay healthy. If you need anything let us know!

Tirsa said...

Wait a minute...you were going to Puerto Rico??? Doesn't this always happen to you guys...you plan a trip and get a baby instead. I am going to have to try that strategy.
We'll keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers. When's the baby shower???

Shandy said...

ok.. so I hadn't popped over here in a week or so and look what I find out! you're getting a little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!1
sooooooooo SOOOOO excited and happy for you! She will bless your home with happiness for the eternities!
scary about the preterm labor - yikes! glad she's staying put for a tad bit longer - but yeah - you definitley need to get to shopping!
have fun and again - CONGRATS!

The Legg Fam said...

What a great reason to shop. So many Cute girl clothes. A baby girl for Christmas!!! What a great gift.