Last Friday we were in the hospital with Sarah again. She hadn't felt the baby move for about 4 hours and was very sick. I met her at the hospital and they admitted her and hooked up everything to monitor her which they did for about 2 hours. The heart beat was a little low but still in a safe range. As soon as they put the monitor on her belly, the baby started moving all over the place and was apparently irritated by the sound waves. I even heard her have the hiccups which was cute. :) Then they thought perhaps Sarah had lost some fluid and that's why the baby wasn't moving so much. So they brought in an ultrasound tech and did a very thorough ultrasound. It was very cool to see (my first). I saw every part of the baby including all her organs. Everything looked normal and the fluid level was just fine. DEFINITELY a girl by the way. They are guessing she weighs just under 6 pounds right now. She's still dilated to a 3 and only having a handful of contractions so they gave her a clean bill of health and sent her home. There's been no progress over the past 2 days and I'm waiting to hear news from her doctor's appointment tomorrow. We are definitely anxious and impatient and very eager for baby girl to join our family! Hopefully the next trip to the hospital will be our last! Here's a couple ultrasound pics that are a little clearer than the original I posted. The first is of her cute hands and the second is her profile.

5 comments:
Are you just dying of anticipation! That is so cool you are so involved with the whole process.
She is going to be little thing...do you have preemie clothes ready? Ella had to wear them for a little while and she was 7.3 pounds!
Oh man I hope it happens soon!! I know how the emtions are just getting to you.
Glad things are ok with the baby, but how hard it must be for you guys to have to wait so long! Hope she gets here quickly!
That is so awesome how involved you've been able to be. Hope your baby girl comes soon!
What a beauty!!! I lover her little nose!!!
Post a Comment