12.26.2008

Christmas Report

First of all, I know you're all wondering if there's a baby yet and the answer is NO. I think I will just stop reporting anything till we get her! Everything is so back and forth it is killing me! She is having contractions all the time and is completely miserable. We feel so bad for her and for both our sakes we hope baby girl comes soon...

Christmas was so much fun this year. We were planning on having Sarah and her kids up for Christmas Eve dinner but then her Dr. told her in order to avoid having her baby on Christmas morning she needed to stay put with her feet up. So for the first time in our lives, we had Christmas Eve dinner with just the 4 of us. It was quaint and I loved it. We had a chinese dinner including sweet and sour chicken and egg rolls. I bought some fancy chopsticks when I was in Thailand and it was fun to finally use (or at least try using) them. Afterward we read Luke 2 and shared one of my favorite Christmas stories about the atheist farmer and the geese. (That's not a joke, it's really amazing.) Afterwards we packed up a bunch of food for Sarah and her kids and ran it down to her and shared a few gifts with them. Then it was back home and opening Christmas jammies.

Christmas morning came a wee bit early. The boys always sleep on our floor on Christmas Eve. Zack woke up at 4:00 and we made him go back to sleep. They made it till 6:30. There was much Star Wars and Kung Fu Panda and Legos and scooters and mp3 players and games and books and remote control things. The biggest hit was Bryce's Crayola Glow Board. Neither one could stop playing with that and they even took it to their cousins' house where all of them played with it all night. Hmmm...who knew. Bryce came up to me later in the day and said, "Mom, I got everything I wanted except a slinky and Trick Tracks. Maybe I'll get those next year." I loved that there wasn't any whining about it. We had a good relaxing day with the boys playing with their new stuff. We ended the day at Robb's brother's house for dinner and playing. Now, if we could just get that baby...


My handsome boys after church last Sunday.


The pile of Legos.


The mess (and don't miss Robb's awesome Utah Jazz PJ bottoms.)


Zack's favorite gift.


Bryce and his remote control Airhog Heli Havoc. You can see it in the top left hand corner if you look close.

3 comments:

The Haley Family said...

how fun! I need to do my Christmas post! What fun and spoiled boy!! :)

alison said...

looks like it was a great christmas! ryan wanted one of those helicopters SOOO badly!! those crayola boards looked pretty cool--glad they lived up to the hype.

Kimberly Davis said...

I love the baby updates, so keep them coming!

Your house looks alot like mine on christmas morning, but If I have to put together one more "lego" this or that I will scream......