7.13.2008

The Water Spout

Yesterday we were working in the yard trimming bushes and fixing sprinklers etc. Bryce always just quietly lurks around while we're working doing his own little thing. I grabbed the hose and started spraying the nasty bugs and spiderwebs off our our front porch. This totally grabbed his interest. He snuck over by me and asked if he could try. I was a little scared the force of the sprayer would knock over his tiny little body but after carefully bracing myself behind him, I let him give it a go. He loved it and was singing his own little song about killing the bugs and everything. Robb came over and showed him how to start at the top and work his way down to make sure he got all the dirt and bugs. When we got all done and the front porch actually looked decent (I know, it's been a while), we started to put the hose away and Bryce said,

"Mom, can I spray the water spout?"

I said, "The what?"

"The water spout."

"What's that?"

"Ya know mom, (think the DUH inflection in his voice), the song about the itsy bitsy spider that went up the water spout??"


He was totally pointing at the drainpipe coming down from the rain gutter. I was dying. It was so cute.

3 comments:

Erica said...

That funny little Bryce- so cute!!

The Haley Family said...

such a funny little man!!! He is a smart little cookie!

KrisJ said...

That is pretty dang adorable!