7.24.2008

HROTW

OK, this is yummy but it does have a little zing to it. If it's too much or you don't like zing, use a little less vinegar. It's a Rachael Ray recipe and it's...Yum-O. (I just had to do that, sorry). You can do this with chicken, steak, or pork. I usually do it with boneless pork chops about an inch thick.

Marinated Meat
3 T. red wine vinegar
1/3 C. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1 T. fresh thyme leaves, fresh, chopped
1 T. parsley leaves, fresh, chopped

Combine marinade ingredients. Season meat with salt and pepper and marinate for at least 10 minutes. Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Add marinated meat to pan and cook 5-6 minutes per side. Remove meat to warm platter. Enjoy.

This recipe also comes with pan gravy that is yummy but not so healthy but it's good on the meat and mashed potatoes. I'll include the gravy recipe as well but I do the meat just by itself all the time to be a little more healthy.

Gravy
2 T. butter
2 T. chopped shallot
2 mushrooms, finely chopped
2 T. flour
1 C. beef or chicken stock

Add butter to drippings in skillet. Saute shallot and mushrooms 3 minutes. Add flour and stir 1-2 minutes. Whisk in stock until thickened. Pour over meat.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks really really yummy.