So I think I've almost recovered. I was so exhasuted yesterday at church I thought I was going to fall asleep at the piano in RS! We had such a great time. It is physically and emotionally and spiritually draining by the time it's over but it is so worth it!
Erica and I flew over on Wednesday and I was able to spend the rest of that day with my family for my sister's birthday and to see my parents for the last time before they started their mission in the Family History Mission on Temple Square.
The opening session Thursday morning was Sheri Dew and what an amazing start to the conference. She basically said that we are good women but that we can have such an influence in the world and we need to try to be even better. After that we attended classes on caring more about what God thinks than what man thinks and then we went to the Army of Helaman class on raising sons. We closed out the day with the Batemans. It was a great day! We went to dinner and headed back for the big concert they always do on that first night which was completely entertaining.
Friday started out with Julie B. Beck and then we attended a personal prayer class and a class done by Greg Olsen and Jim Telford about how they use their art to bring others to Christ. The final session was President Monson and he of course was fabulous. He talked about priorities, adversity and how to face it, and service. His wife seems to not be feeling too well and needed quite a bit of help but he moved at a pretty good clip and was energetic and full of life. It was a perfect ending to the conference. I felt like the theme throughout all the classes led back to focusing our time on the things that really matter and prioritizing...something I think we can all work on.
I'd post pics if I had some but we really didn't take any. If anyone wants to go next year for some serious enrichment, good food, good music, and tons of fun, let me know!
6 comments:
i need some more info on the army of helaman class. my trip was good. but i still wish i could've gone with you.
I'm in!! Great classes. They publish the talks later on don't they? I could really use the Helaman class!
Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to be able to go next year.
What a great time! I'd love to hear more about the Army of Helaman class too and read or listen to Pres. Monson's talk.
Okay, I am offically jelly-us. I am glad you and Erica had such a great time!
Just type up your notes and I will feel uplifted! Sounds like a good time.
Post a Comment