So I served with several people in my mission who ended up marrying each other. One of these couples, Nate and Kristie, had a post on their blog about catching up with missionaries from the past and having a great time. We had a chance to visit with Nate and Kristie in November when we drove through Evanston. I wish we could have had more time. It's so fun to catch up and rehash old memories.
Anyway, it made me think back about the mish and what an amazing spiritual experience that was and how lucky I feel to have met so many great strong people and SO wish I could have those experiences again. I'm also extremely grateful I met my Robb there. Here are a few pics I found with both of us in them. (Thanks for the inspiration Kristie).
This is P-day in Las Palmas. Playing hearts at dominos. At this point, I knew of Elder Briggs but had never once said one word to him.
This was at a special zone conference in Santa Cruz, Tenerife. I love this picture with President Uchtdorf and his cute wife. I still remember what a striking couple they were and what amazing spirits they had. Robb's hard to see...look close. At this point, Robb and I were in the same zone and played on the same basketball team on P-days.
This is down at the docks waiting for the Jetfoil to come in. Robb and I were both getting newbies to train. And this is Hermana Evans, my most awesome comp ever (love ya Ellisa).
11 comments:
Cute pics. Is that Brady Howell? I get the chills everytime I see his picture.
how fun to look back! Great pictures and I am sure amazing memories go with them!
So fun to see the pics and remember when... Thanks for that!I miss it too.
Katie
Those are great! It brings back memories of my own mission...
I'm not sure if you should share your dating mission stories though. :) That last picture looks a little cozy!!
Great pictures! Very cool that you and Robb have that mission connection in common.
That is awesome! fun pics..I agree with Erica..lookin pretty cozy!
That is Brady. I actually got to go to his funeral. :( I was so upset that we lived so close and I didn't even realize until it was too late. I wonder if anyone knows how his wife is and what she is doing now.
Those pictures are such a trip. You know what they make me think of? All those p-days playing volleyball on the beach, then going out to lunch and spending the afternoon playing Hearts.
Did I really ever look that young and thin??
BFF comps! -Ell
So, So Fun! We loved visiting with you too, and I adore your darling kiddos. It's so wonderful to remember the mission!!!
Wow awesome post! You and Kristy are making me miss the old days.
Who cut my hair back then... yikes!
Rob and Kris,
I was just telling my wife earlier today that we used to eat at the domino's every p-day, and then I saw it. Recognized the walls at once! Good times.
I hear you guys are in my brother's ward (Jason and Brandie Lyon). Small world, right? I'll definitely have to make sure I see you next time I'm in town to visit.
Kris, I was disappointed to find out that you didn't remember me when Brandie told you who I was, but all the elders look alike, right?
Rob, I still have fond memories of spending New Year's Eve with you, Stanger, and Hirschi 3 day's after I got to the mish and watching the fireworks up on the roof.
Take care
Travis Lyon
Post a Comment