4.23.2008

Finally...

So for those of you who don't know Zack very well, he has scaredy-cat syndrome. He's always been afraid to try new things that he thinks will be scary. But in the last few months he's starting to overcome a lot of that which is a relief to his parents! We actually got him on a roller coaster at Legoland during Spring Break. He went down the waterslide at the rec center for the first time last month.

But, we just couldn't get him to ride his bike. We got it for him when he was 4 and he loved riding it with the training wheels. Then Santa brought him a scooter and it was bye bye bike. We've bribed with playstations and new bikes and everything and he'd just turn his nose up at us. Well, last night I'm at Shannon's doing cards and Robb calls me:

"Did you know Zack can ride a bike?"

"Uh...no he can't."

"Yea, I'm watching him ride up and down the street right now. I asked him who taught him and he said Thomas." (Thomas is 5)

So I was thrilled but a little bummed I missed out on "the first time."

Now I have to look for a playstation and a new bike and....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny... Maybe he has known how to ride a bike for a long time now and was just waiting until he could sqeeze a few more new toys out of you! Ha ha! Sneaky cat syndrome. :) You will have to post some pictures of him taking on this new adventure.

alison said...

yeah!! I'm so glad he's conquered this fear finally. we're still having issues w/C--he knows how to ride, but it scared of it. oh well.

Erica said...

Whoo Zack! Now teach Spencer- he won't even get on a bike either!

The Haley Family said...

Good job Zack! Maybe he forgot about all the bribes?!

Jolayne said...

We have to be careful with bribing--they never forget.

Mark said...

What the heck! So check it out I'm checking blogg posts one day and bam theres one form Morgan and Briggs... awesome! Good looken family... even with Briggsy in there. I'll be checking on you guys regularly.

Go figure with the bike though, just goes to show ya that kids move at their own pace.

See ya later