5.28.2008

HROTW (Healthy Recipe of the Week)

OK, so I've decided to add a new feature to my blog. I know of many of you that are trying to live and eat in a more healthy way so I thought I could share some of the recipes that work for me. Now keep in mind I basically follow the South Beach eating plan which means I can eat eggs, cheeses, whole grains, healthy oils, low fat meats, and fruits and veggies. So these recipes will have those things in them.

This first one is a BIGTIME favorite at my house. In fact I made them this morning, took 3 with me to go check my email, came back and the boys had eaten all the rest! Ahhh...but it's cause they are so yummy.

Mini Frittatas

Fat free cooking spray
1/2 C. onion, chopped
2/3 C. ham, chopped
1/3 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 T. fresh chives, chopped
1/8 t. thyme
1/8 t. black pepper
4 egg whites
1 whole egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute onions & ham in cooking spray (or don't...sometimes I just throw it in). Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl. Add onions & ham. Spoon into mini-muffin pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes. Makes about 14-16 mini frittatas.




6 comments:

The Haley Family said...

oh...those look so yummy!! DELISH!!! Great new feature. I'll be saving these for sure! Don't forget about the Bacon wrapped feta chicken breasts!

Erica said...

Looks really good. I might try them- we'll see if the eggs bother me. Love the new picture on the sidebar too. :)

Brandie Lyon said...

I will try those. Is it in the South Beach Diet book?

Unknown said...

Yummy! I am printing the recipe right now! Thanks for this new update to your blog! I think it is a great idea!

Tirsa said...

oh, totally yummy, I am going to try those sometime soon.

RainyPM said...

Great idea. I can't wait to read some more recipes.