6.01.2008

Oldie but Goodie

OK, so I've been scrapbooking...A LOT...and I came across this picture from last year which once again made me laugh out loud so I had to share. I know a lot of you have seen this and heard the story but it's just as funny the second time.

It was a Sunday night and we were downstairs playing games. I had sent Zack to his room for something...I can't even remember now but I'm sure it involved much naughtiness. After 15 minutes or so of him being up in his room and it being REALLY quiet, I went up to check on him. I opened the door and he gave me this really mean face. I noticed his Batman whiteboard was on the floor next to his bed. He had written something on it so I picked it up and read it...


I literally had to clamp my hand over my mouth to stop from busting up laughing. Once I got a grip on my giggles, I told him I'm sorry that he was mad at me but he needed to work on making better choices. Then I got out of there as fast as I could so he wouldn't see me lose it. I went downstairs and showed the whiteboard to Robb and our friends and we all had a good hoot. I'm sure it was the absolute meanest thing he could think to say about me. Pretty good sentence construction for a 5 year old. Seriously...I'm still laughing about it.

8 comments:

Amy said...

That one made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing!! Aren't you glad you got a picture of that for posterity's sake?

Erica said...

Probably one of the funniest things a little kid has written about his mother. Plus I have to say, your reaction to the whole thing was awesome.

RainyPM said...

That is great! How you managed not to laugh I will never know. He's going to love that story when he gets older too.

Jenn said...

That is one of my favorite Zach-stories! I remember when it happened the first time and I have giggled just as much the second time! Thanks for the memory.

Unknown said...

My kids have said some of the same "mean" things to me. How nice that you have it forever and can remind them of it in the future. :)

Carli said...

Hilarious! I am so impressed with your not busting up in front of him.

Unknown said...

Speaking of scrapbooking alot, where are your beautiful pages for us to see?

The Teeples said...

Thanks for making my Dad Kris. This was a classic!

Love ya
Heather :)