OK, if you're bored this summer without much to watch you HAVE to find a copy of Strictly Ballroom. It's an independent Australian film from 1992 but I just watched it today on the Independent Film Channel and oh my word...I was crying. It is officially recorded so I can watch it over and over. I forgot how much I love Fran. After Dancing With the Stars hoopla, it's even more funny. Len Goodman would die...I saw it first at BYU my sophomore year and I remember the quirky humor and almost peeing my pants then too. It also has a cute love story and some sweet Spanish! Anyone else ever seen this great flick?
3 comments:
i'm going to have to look for that one. i recently recorded Blades of Glory--so we were watching that last night--so many things that are so wrong that they're funny.
I totally want to see that now!
Oh yes! I own a VHS copy of this movie. I think we watched it almost every day of my freshman year at the Y. It is available to rent. :) Or better yet, a Strictly Ballroom party?!?
Post a Comment