6.05.2008

HROTW #2

I love to grill. Love may be too mild of a word actually...I also love to take some of my favorite recipes and tweak them just a touch to make them a little more healthy. This recipe combines both of those loves and is a family favorite in my home. Here is Healthy Recipe of the Week #2.

Grilled Sweet & Sour Chicken

Marinade:
1/4 C. Canola Oil
1/4 C. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 T. Ketchup
1 T. vinegar
1/4 t. fresh ground pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced

Sweet & Sour Sauce:
1/2 C. Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1/4 C. Ketchup
3/4 C. Splenda
1/4 C. vinegar
1 T. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 t. accent
Salt
Corn Starch, enough to thicken

Mix together marinade ingredients and put in large ziploc bag. Add 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts. Marinate 1/2 hour - 1 hour. Put chicken breasts on the grill over medium heat. Heat sauce over medium heat until bubbly then leave on low until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken over whole grain rice and pour sauce over the top.


5 comments:

alison said...

looks yummy!!

Erica said...

Nice picture!

Jolayne said...

That looks great. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Looks yum. I'm going to try all of your recipes!

RainyPM said...

Mmmm I can't wait to try it.

I had this sudden memory of you today, it was so clear and out of the blue. Just an image of you holding onto the handles in a bus in the Islands and how they were so high and you had to hold on with your arm so straight. Weird, huh?