...I love that it has warmed up and everything has started to turn green but that means I have to do YARD WORK. If you know me very well, you know I love mowing but can't stand about everything else in the yard work department.
Well, this morning, I went out back to make sure the dog doo was picked up and put in the trash since it was garbage day. Then I saw my bushes looking far too bushy in the back and thought if I could get those trimmed up really fast, I could get all the cut branches in the trash too. So after about 45 minutes, still in my pajamas and with my bed head and 2 new blisters on my right hand, the bushes looked great and dog doo was picked up and I was grumpy. So then I figured I might as well get all my grumpiness out of the way by lunch so I decided to keep going.
I mowed the lawn, which actually wasn't so bad. I couldn't finish out the morning without picking all the weeds out of my rocks (which I tried to get Bryce to do while I was trimming bushes but he wouldn't fall for it. I don't blame him...). I actually had visions of pretty flower beds while I was weeding but then remembered that would require MORE weeding.
(Dad, I know you're totally disappointed. My dad is like a professional gardener and had a basketball court-sized garden while we were growing up. Their yard is still immaculate. He'll probably totally miss it while they're on their mission. Sorry for letting you down Pops.)
Anyway, I do feel like I accomplished something but must it be such a drag? Someday when we are totally rich (ha ha), I will have a professionally landscaped yard with workers that come every week to keep it just perfect! One can dream right?
3 comments:
For one, I think if you lived closer to your sister she would be your personal gardener. And for two, I hope the long soaking bath helped!!
you crack me up! I also did the items mentioned in your post this week! I DO enjoy it though. I don't know how many dandylion weeds I dug out of the grass...but it is much prettier now. OH...and reseeded, fertilized and watered. UGH...
I hate yard work too!!! HATE IT!
Post a Comment