5.26.2008

The Joys of Running

K, so I've been running for a little over a year now and there is no way I'd say I love it. However, it does have its moments. Some of the things I loved today about the Bolder Boulder were the cool weather, the energy level, running with a friend who keeps the same pace as me, the entertainment (a couple Elvis guys, SO many bands - half of them sober, the slip and slide house, and of course the belly dancers), actually being able to run the same race as Robb, coming into the stadium and everybody being so excited for you, and of course crossing the finish line.

Some of the things that remind me I still have some work to do: my burning thighs on the uphills, Wendy L. flying by me at the speed of light on mile 5 looking SO un-tired and peppy, and people running in weird clothes and awful shoes yet they can still pass me.

Overall, it was awesome! I'm already looking forward to my next 10k. What an amazing sense of accomplishment and hard work. My final time was 1:19:22 which was 6 minutes faster that my best time...yes it's still pretty dang slow but it's progress.

I loved seeing people I know. Claudia, you guys looked great! Shannon, I'm so glad you came with us. Erica...you're the best. Thanks for making me run a little faster those first couple of miles. Let's get a bigger group next year! Who's in???

6 comments:

KrisJ said...

Wow good job! I was thinking about you all morning. Im so proud of you and all the hard work you have done this last year. I do not think your time was slow at all! I can do a mile maybe that fast! Way to go

Erica said...

Thanks for the support also!! It was so much doing that with you and Shannon. All I can say is: WE DID IT!!

The Haley Family said...

you did so awesome...6 minutes faster...WOW!! I have run outside 2 days in a row now since running with you on Saturday. I did 2 miles without stopping here...how come I couldn't do it there? WEIRD! I'll run next year!!

Brandie Lyon said...

Maybe I'll make that my goal next year.

Tirsa said...

I can't say I'm in for next year but I am totally impressed! Way to go.

shelly said...

Kris, that is so awesome! Good for you! I only run when being chased so I really admire anyone who can do it and enjoy it. :) Congrats!