5.02.2010

Women's Conference and More

All I can say is I have a very sweet husband. The last couple months I have had the chance to do some very cool and fun things. Not only was I able to go to Peru and serve the people down there and explore a new culture but I was also able to go to Women's Conference and fill my tank. I realize that moms with young kids don't often get to get away and do these fun things as much as I do and I'm incredibly grateful for my selfless husband who has been willing (and able thank goodness) to work from home and take over on kid duty in a huge way. Thanks babe!

This past week was Women's Conference at BYU. It was my 7th year in a row. I went with a HUGE prayer in my heart hoping for some serious answers in the parenting department. From the very first session with Sister Beck I really felt like I started getting some ideas. I'm grateful for inspired people who have creative and unique ideas. Hopefully I can get some of them to work for me.

Of course it is about fun with the ladies too! My friend Shannon and I stayed at Hotel Mel (my sister's house) but I was also able to see many friends from Idaho and Colorado. We had a great time eating together and catching up.


Sasha (Idaho and BYU friend), Moi, Alison, Shannon


Mel and I following the last session by Elder Oaks. The weather was freezing and snowy but there were still beautiful blossoms on the trees.


Saturday I was able to meet up with Erica (who was in Utah for her brother's wedding) and some of the gals I work with every day on my scrapbook creative team for Trixie Scraps. We chat almost everyday on the computer but I'd never met them. We ate lunch at Cafe Rio and then just chatted and laughed. I decided after this weekend that women do that a lot...ha ha.


Before flying out Saturday night I met Robb's sister Jen for some ice cream.

It was a great weekend! Here's to getting back to real life and the realization that school is getting out soon.

post signature

4 comments:

KrisJ said...

Sounds like a good little getaway!! Glad you were able to go!

Alli said...

I missed you!!! Next year baby! And I love the hat in the previous post on you - too cute (my birthday's coming up :-).

Lori Davis said...

What a fun weekend!!! You are one lucky lady!

Elizabeth said...

So glad you had such a great time! Great getaway!I was thinking about you!