5.26.2010

Bring On Summer

It's the last day of school...woo hoo! I'm aware my excitement will only last a few weeks (if that) but for now I'm so glad to be done. No more trying to get my kids up at 7:00, no more fighting over early bedtimes, no more stinking homework, no more making lunches...I'm thrilled right about now.

Today was the school picnic. Bryce requested a cheese pizza Lunchable and Zack wanted Wendy's. It was great weather and everyone was in good spirits. I have various opinions about my kids' educational experiences this year, some good and some bad but overall, they made a lot of friends and had a good time and ended up proficient so I'll be grateful for that. :)

Zack loved Mrs. Hamblin! He did really well in her class and conquered some (but only some) of his public speaking fears through his monthly book reports, which I DETESTED, and I'm so glad they're over. She was very patient and loving with Zack which is just what we all needed. Some of his favorite things in the 3rd grade were Captain Underpants, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, his field trip to the Natural Science and History Museum, and career day.


Mrs. Rich was my partner in crime as we battled my sweet Bryce's lack of focus. Once we got past the rocky parent teacher conference back in January (for which I repented for my anger and poor word choices...ha ha), we made some progress through the end of the year. He was very popular and a hit with the girls and they were always clamoring for his attention and usually got it, hence, the problem with getting his work done. He became an amazing reader during first grade.

This poem was Bryce's last project in 1st grade. I thought it was hilarious, especially the 'I'm rich' part. :) Click on it to see better.

post signature

2 comments:

Cheryl Briggs said...

Hey, Zack, I love it! You are adorable! And smart! And a good kid!

And Bryce, have you been to my house! I see lots of ants, too. Glad you are rich--you can buy me an icecream when you come to St. Louis!

Haley L said...

Thanks for eating lunch with me today and letting me get my Avery fix. :)