I do love my kiddos so much. I prayed and prayed for them and then God basically handpicked us to raise them and I'm SO grateful for that. I really wouldn't have it any other way. They really have made my dreams come true. Now if they could just be sweet to me a little bit more often and if I could figure out how to deal with them when they're not being so sweet...we'd be in business. I have to say, one of my favorite parts of the day was my sister conference calling me in to talk with my mom. It was late and Robb and the kids were in bed and we just sat and chatted and laughed forever. I LOVED that. Mel, of course, always cracks me up and thanks for being so positive, Mom, and helping me cheer up. I love you both!
One thing is for sure. The one day that Robb always does perfectly is Mother's Day. He had the boys make me a yummy breakfast and as I came down the stairs I saw the DEMY sitting on my table. I was so excited! If you don't know what the DEMY is, it is just heavenly. I raved about it a while back on my blog but it is a digital recipe organizer, think an oversized iTouch for just recipes. It organizes, has conversions, substitutes, several kitchen timers...it's SAWEET. Anyway, Robb had mentioned that it was out of stock everywhere. I thought he was totally lying and trying to surprise me so I snuck online and surfed around and it really was out of stock EVERYWHERE. But, he found it and once again, he rocks. :)
To all my awesome friends out there trying to be good moms, thanks for all your examples. I hope you had a great day.

6 comments:
I think you beat yourself up too much- you are an AMAZING mom!! I know you sometimes have bad days, don't we all? But your kids are growing up to be wonderful people!
By the way- LOVE the present. I need to come see it for real!
I too might have to come see your new gadget! ;) Would it make me a better cook? Glad to hear your mom and sis can cheer you up! :) Love family!!Thanks for letting me have Avery today! It was so fun!
Girl, you are an awesome mom! Believe you me...I have my bad days way too often. Kids can sense when we want them to be sweet and there is conspiracy against moms to be rotten at those exact moments! Robb always does AWESOME for you on Mother's Day, because you deserve it! Love you girl!!
Really hate that day and for entirely different reasons.
That DEMY looks fantastic, you'll have to let us know what you think of it. And how rugged it is. And I'm sure you're a great mom! Perfection (like in 99.999% of things) is unobtainable as a parent because the rules are always changing.
Don't beat yourself up too much, Kris! You are an amazing mom and we all have really crappy days, weeks, and months! I love your honesty... I think they should ask you to speak in church on a mother's day... it would be refreshing! Love you!
Post a Comment