...Peru! My sister goes to Peru every year on a medical humanitarian trip. She asked me if I wanted to go along and help out this year. I've been mulling it over for a while, trying to figure out if it would be a good thing to do right now, and I finally decided I just can't pass it up! I just bought my plane ticket this week! Robb is all for me going and is being totally AWESOME about working from home and watching the kiddos while I'm gone. I'm so grateful for an easy-going and multi-tasking husband.
We fly into Lima and then fly to Cusco. I will be going with Reach Out and Learn. Obviously, I'm not a doctor, dentist, physical therapist, or public health educator but additional volunteers get to help with other humanitarian projects. I will definitely get my hands and feet dirty working on a lot of worthwhile projects. My sister and I are going a day early so we can spend the day in Lima and go to the temple there. The last couple of days we are there we get to go to the Sacred Valley and Machu Pichhu. It's going to be awesome!
2 comments:
Very Cool!! Nate goes to Guatemala every year on a humanitarian trip. It's an amazing experience for him. Have a wonderful time!
Congrats Kris. My brother went there on his mission and goes back almost every year. You will love it! How great that Robb can help you out. I can't wait to hear all about it.
Post a Comment