Yesterday was a long day. From the times my kids woke up (or didn't wake up) I was completely frustrated. 9:00 church is awesome and definitely my favorite time slot but I swear even all the Saturday night showering and everything I put into making the morning go smoothly never goes according to plan. The kids wouldn't wake up and then moved like molasses when they did. When they finally got up, they just played and fought. Due to my new year's resolution of no yelling, this made things even harder. Anyhoo, long morning story short, we walked into sacrament just as they started which was a miracle in itself.
Then of course the irreverence started. The fighting never stops with boys I swear. Avery is at the age where she's getting tough in church and I don't want to have to deal with boys whining over the other one "touching his personal space." (Yes, that was totally a Zack quote) Bryce kept putting his jacket up over his head and pretending he was headless. After telling him to stop 3 or 4 times I finally yanked the zipper down and got him. "You zipped my head!" Nice... to the Kline family, I totally apologize for yesterday. I understand if you run for a different seat next week. Well, the first peep Avery made, I was up and out of there. Sat in the foyer in peace and could actually hear the talks.
After sacrament it was a big sigh of relief from me. I'm telling you, the piano in primary is like a refuge. I love just relaxing back there and playing. Of course, sharing time was on reverence...woo hoo! But my kids are always reverent in primary, just not sacrament. Oh well...then singing time. They are singing a new song called, I Know My Heavenly Father Loves Me. I'd never heard it and this was my first time playing it. During senior primary, on the chorus, the kids all stood up and sang SO beautifully, "I Know He Lives!" I was totally unprepared. The spirit hit me literally like a brick wall. I lost it instantly and tried to keep playing through all my blubbering. I know it was probably really loud and disruptive to the relief society but it was so powerful in that primary room.
Despite my very bad day and my frustration with my kids, I'm grateful I caught a glimpse of these kids testimonies and was able to see for a second that the fighting and non-listening ears of my children is minor compared to the strength of their sweet little testimonies. Once we got home it was back to the same old thing but I tried to hold on to that all day and look past the little stuff.
2 comments:
Wow! What a good attitude you had through it all! I will take some advice from you and try to remember the "little things".
I am going to miss playing the piano in Primary - such a great calling!
Post a Comment