First and foremost...happy birthday to our little Avery Jo. I just can't believe she is 1 today. More on that later.
We got up and went to church today here in Santo Domingo. It was rainy and pretty cool this morning. I LOVE going to church in Spanish. Enjoyed testimony meeting and Robb even got up. (He can make me cry in Spanish too.) Kids were a little nervous about primary in Spanish but they ended up having an English class for the American kids whose parents work for the church here. They had sharing time in Spanish though which they said was "cool."
We came home and Avery and I settled in for a long winter's nap. Soooo nice. We woke up and the apartment was empty. Wasn't sure where everyone was but I had a hunch. So Avery and I headed outside and walked down the street to the temple and there everyone was walking around the temple grounds. We hung out there for a while and took a lot of pics.
We then came home for a yummy dinner and birthday celebration for miss Avery. Her flip flop cake turned out cute and she ate a huge piece and was happy as a clam. Of course, I will post many pics later.
Tomorrow we head out to the resort.
Tip of the day: Hurricane shutters are AWESOME! You close those babies and it's pitch black and perfect for napping babies and sleeping in. Think I can get those when I live smack dab in the middle of the US??
1 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday little Avery!! I can't believe she is already a year old. To think it was a year ago that little changed your lives forever. What a sweet blessing to your family. Keep enjoying the vaca!!
Post a Comment