Today, we're back in Santo Domingo. We took our own sweet time getting up and got ready to go to Los Tres Ojos. They are these awesome caverns that go down hundreds of feet into the earth but are partly open to the sky above. There are 3 different underwater lakes and you get to go across one in this little Mark Twain boat. Kay paid a local $10 so we could watch him scale this cavern wall in his nothings to dive 40 feet into one of the lagoons. They called him the Dominican Tarzan. There are "friendly" bats that the boys liked spotting up above. It was amazingly beautiful...reminded me of those secret swimming coves they find on Swiss Family Robinson or Lost. And it was right in Santo Domingo! So cool and I DO have pictures of these caves.
We then hit the pool for the very last time. I literally laid that pool chair all the way back and just soaked in the heat for as long as I could take it. SO divine.
Then tonite, we got the mission president's daughters to come and watch the kiddos so all the adults could go to the temple and out to dinner. The temple was sweet. I loved listening to everything in Spanish. Afterwards we went to this awesome Argentinian restaurant (the Briggs used to live in Buenos Aires). Our food was AMAZING. On a whole different level than the resort earlier in the week. I had empanadas with crab and shrimp, some eggplant, chorizo (mmm...), and then pinchos de Res which is like a big shish kabob of filet of beef and veggies. Oh my word...just so good. Can't believe it's over in 2 days.
0 comments:
Post a Comment