12.03.2009

Thanksgiving

Yes, I know I'm behind. But so goes the month of December...

Thanksgiving week was so much fun! (The kids were awesome on the plane both ways, yay!) It was one of those times when I really didn't want to come home. My mom and dad just got home from their mission so we all headed home for Thanksgiving and their homecoming on Sunday. I won't go into all the details but here were some of the fun things we did:

*Watched "Up" with Grandma and Grandpa
*The boys made tops with Grandpa up in his workshop.
*Christmas shopping!
*Haircuts with Grandma
*Tons and tons of playtime with the toys
*Fort building under the stairs
*Scary stories every night with aunt Mel
*I was in the temple with my entire family Friday night. It was awesome!
*Lots of Pass the Pigs and Quiddler
*The boys helped Grandpa set up his reindeer and lights
*Aerobie!
*Several of grandpa's famous breakfasts
*Singing with my family at my parents' homecoming
*Watching the Maui Invitational...GO ZAGS!
*Staying up way too late every night
*Laughing constantly with my siblings and parents, one of the things I love MOST about getting together!
*The big mama moose in the front yard
*Super Yum-O Thanksgiving dinner
*Seeing so many deer

I love this picture of Avery listening so intently to grandpa.


Bryce helping with the pumpkin pie. Zack was usually busy with video games and such but Bryce was all about helping with the dinner.


Our cinnamon/sugar gingerbread men we made out of the extra pie crust.


Avery's first Thanksgiving. Turkey, rolls, and olives.


We woke up this morning to a huge moose on my parents' lawn. They live right by the edge of the woods and as more and more houses get built above them, the wildlife comes down into their yard. Deer are normal but the moose was a surprise. When she got up and walked away, she was HUGE!

Avery fell asleep on my feet on the last night while I was chilling in the recliner. We were all so bushed from all the fun. An amazing week!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That moose would be a surprise to me too! She does look big! Looks like you made alot of fun new memories and enjoyed all your family time! Love the picture of Avery sleeping at your feet too. Very precious!

The Haley Family said...

PHEW! Glad it was such a nice get away! See you in a week!