OK, so for morning prayer this morning, it was Zack's turn. "Bless dad that he'll have a good day at work and travel safe, help us to learn a lot at school..." etc., etc., and then he ends with, "Help mom to clean the house good." So after the amens, I said, "Help mom to clean the house good??" He then replied, "Well, it's your job isn't it?" Me and Robb started laughing and Robb tried to help gloss it over and say it's all of our jobs to clean the house. Not sure the boys picked up on any of that. Maybe that's why the boys don't clean up so well...because it's MY job.
So now I'm inspired to have a great FHE tonite on WORK. I'm envisioning chore charts (intense ones), cleaning the dishes for an activity, learning "When We're Helping We're Happy" (c'mon I know you're singing it in your head now) and then have Robb bear his testimony about what MY job is. Seriously, if all I had to do was clean the house...how great would life be?? Any other great ideas?
4 comments:
That is so funny! I know my kids will tell me it's my job to do laundry, clean, cook, etc... Let me know how your FHE goes!! (If it goes well, send me a copy of what you did step by step!! :)
I agree with Lori...share your FHE outline! Mine have become much better with all the cleaning...they have very specific chores they have to do every day after school and it makes 'my job' much easier!
I am sure your FHE was awesome!
Bribing works at our house..:) But would love to see your approach! And unfortunately...it will always appear to be "our" job!
Send them over to my place and I'll have them move some rock (just from one side of the yard to the other, and back, of course.) Got to love teaching kids work. :-)
Post a Comment