5.13.2009

Ideas

So I am looking for good running music that will keep me GOING. You know when you think you've hit the wall and you can't take one more step and then you turn on "You Can't Stop the Beat" from Hairspray and it breathes new life into you? OK, so maybe you don't exercise to show tunes but you know what I mean. If you have any great ideas of songs with a good beat (I'm looking for about 158-160 bpm but will take ALL suggestions) please leave a comment. Thanks!

9 comments:

Dustin & Dyan said...

I am not sure what the bpm's are but here are some that I like to work out to (I always download the edited versions so you don't get any curse words):
Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started & Boom Boom Pow
Beyonce - Ring the Alarm
Whitney Houston - Love is a Contact Sport & How Will I Know
Michael Jackson - Beat It
Kelly Clarkson - Walk Away & Since U Been Gone
Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
Nelly Furtado - Say It Right & Maneater
Shakira - Hips Don't Lie
Justin Timberlake - Sexyback
Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name
The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
Estelle - American Boy
Los del Rio - Macarena
Everlast - Saving Grace
Scorpians - Rock You Like a Hurricane
Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hans to Yourself
Run DMC - Walk This Way

Let me know if you need more - I have 351 songs in my work out playlist.

KrisJ said...

For sure any JT!!!! He keeps me going!! You can do it!

alison said...

One I've noticed for sure is Sin Wagon by the Dixie Chicks--its pretty fast.
LAPD--Offspring
Crazy--Gnarls Barkley
SOS--Rihanna, but these last 2 are a bit slower I admit.
a new one I like: Barking at the Moon--Jenny Lewis
and of course Kung Fu Fighting makes me smile and be a happier runner.
As I've told you though, I'm do better starting out with angry music, so usually Offspring, Nirvana, the Pumpkins, that sort of stuff.

RainyPM said...

I don't know bpm's either, but I always like I'm Too Sexy (Right Said Fred I think), Hey Sexy Lady (Shaggy?) and Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees). I'd love to see your finished playlist! Also, what headphones do you like?

Unknown said...

My favorites right now are:

Kelly Clarkson: I Do No Hook Up
Kelly Rowland: When Love Takes Over
Paramore: That's What You Get
Metro Station: Shake It

Kris said...

I'm loving all the comments...I'm downloading like a maniac!

Ev, I just use the regular iPod headphones, they actually stay in my ears great!

shelly said...

Just Dance by Lady GaGa

The Haley Family said...

So, I ran this morning to my little list I sent you yesterday and it was perfect!! Did you check our DWD blog? All of those songs on the playlist are great too!!

Chris Kline said...

Nickelback. Ask Jo.