This morning the boys were eating breakfast and I was making Zack's lunch. I wasn't really listening to what they were saying when Zack lashed out with, "Don't call me that!" I instantly asked Bryce, "What did you say to him?" Bryce responded, "I just called him Zacky."
(We have called Zack by the name Zacky since he was little and so do his grandparents and cousins and some friends.)
"So what's wrong with that, bud?" was my question to Zack. "I just don't like it anymore." (His face turning a wee bit red).
I can't believe my kids are getting old enough to get embarrassed by names and be moody and be self conscious. I kind of like it when they are little and bratty (did I just say that?). I think I'd rather deal with that then what's coming up...
2 comments:
seriously!! What is with this age and the attitude? Morley wants to be called M-Dog? What the...
I love you ZACK!!
Post a Comment