Saturday night I was putting Bryce to bed and I snuggled up to him ('cause he's so darn cute with those cheeks and doughy eyes) and I said, "Hey Mr. Bryce. Even though you are slower than syrup and your room is always messy and you still pee the bed sometimes...I love you FOREVER!" and then I started squeezing him and kissing him all over his face. He was giggling so hard and it was such a cute moment.
Then Sunday morning as we were getting his shoes on for church, Bryce says, "Hey Mom. Even though you are mean to me sometimes, I will love you FOREVER!" and then he started kissing me all over my face and hugging me.
"Wait wait...what? When am I mean to you?"
"Well, sometimes you scream at me mom."
Feeling terrible now I come up with, "That's only because I think your ears are broken and you can't quite hear me so I 'talk' a little louder." He looks at me and you can tell he doesn't quite believe me so I strike a deal with him and tell him that I'll try and 'talk' softer if he will 'adjust' his ears so he can hear a little better.
Thanks for the reality check Mr. Bryce!
4 comments:
how cute! I need to talk a little softer too, but man...do my boys need to adjust their ears!
What a cutie!
That is so funny... we were out to dinner with friends the other day and Ellie said Anna was being a brat... I said, Ellie, "you do not say that!" So everyone could hear, she replied, "Why not?? You do." Hmmm... I'll work on that!
Ohmygoodness! Love that kid--I love how amazingly honest those little people are!
Post a Comment