1.05.2009

Placement

Well yesterday was a long but awesome day. We went to the hospital around 10 (w/o the boys, we learned our lesson from Saturday!) and visited with Sarah for about a half hour until all the social workers and birthparent volunteer arrived. It was a crowded room. Then we took Sarah's kids for a little walk while she signed all her paperwork. Our social worker came out about an hour later with our paperwork which we started to sign in the waiting room. He said she had signed everything but was having a really hard time. About ten minutes later her social worker came out and said she was doing much better and had made it over the emotional "hump" for now.

After we signed paper work, we went back into her room and all chatted and hung out till all the discharge paperwork was done and then we got all kinds of instruction from the nurses and pediatrician. Sarah was just fine during all this. The hospital really was very gracious and respectful to both parties through the whole experience, I was impressed. We all took a minute to tell each other how we felt about each other and the whole process and of course that was a bawl fest. Then we gave Sarah and her kids a ride home. When we dropped her off, she gave Avery a kiss and I helped her upstairs with all their stuff. She was so strong and not emotional at all. (That came later for sure!) I thought that separation would be a lot harder than it was. According to Colorado law, she has 4 days from the day of birth to change her mind so even though paperwork is signed, it can't be filed till Wednesday so we are praying really hard (feel free to help out) and keeping our fingers and toes crossed.

The boys are loving the crap out of her (literally...ha ha). They are fighting over her already and bring her toys and shoes and things they think she'd like. They ran in first thing this morning wanting to kiss her and feed her. They got ready for school so fast this morning so they could have time to hold her. It's so cute. Here's some more pics (get used to that phrase)...

Sarah's son Nicolas gave Avery this outfit to wear home.



After we got home, these boys just could not get enough. Do you think she's going to have some protection or what??

After several hours of trial and error, she definitely prefers the car seat to the bassinet for sleeping. This was taken this morning.

10 comments:

KrisJ said...

She is so precious Kris! We are praying that all goes well! Good luck on sleep now!

tamiz said...

We are definately praying for all parties to let this finalize too! She's gorgous!!!

julie said...

I hope all goes well! We are praying for your family too! I remember the waiting game. We had 6months of waiting with Myles and Dylann!! Good luck. She is SO CUTE!!

Elizabeth said...

She is so beautiful! We will pray that everything goes well too. as an fyi, all 3 of our boys slept in their car seats for like...the 1st 2 months! :) Whatever it takes to make her happy!

Lynette said...

Kris...sounds like such a neat experience!!! I will DEF be praying for these 4 days to speed by smoothly!!! In the meantime...love on that new little one all you can! Give her a love from us k???

Love ya!!!

The Haley Family said...

We hope the next 4 days don't by too slowly for you! I can't see the first set of 4 pictures...maybe it is my computer! She is so stinkin' cute!

Erica said...

Man I will be praying like hard that everything goes good. I know you are stuggling with this right now- but keep faith. The Lord knows you and is mindful of you and your family. She is so precious- love you guys!!

The Legg Fam said...

What a cute little girl. Congradulations !!! We are so happy for you.

Tirsa said...

yay! Congratulations! I'm in Chile and I woke up this morning telling Blaine, we NEED to check Robb and Kris's blog...I want to see their baby. She is adorable. So very happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you all! She is beautiful. Yea for sleeping in car seats too. All three of mine did the same.