1.03.2009

More...


So last night was amazing. A lot of it I won't go into because it's something I want to keep special just for me. :) Mostly I just helped remind her to breathe, gave her ice, held the oxygen tubing out of her face, and kept giving moral support. But, Sarah was unbelievable. It's still unfathomable to me how a woman can go through all that and then put the baby in your arms and let you take her home forever! She was amazingly strong last night, I was just so proud of her.

She was at a 7 within 45 minutes of getting the pitocin and doing awesome. Then she stalled out and there were some problems with Avery's heartbeat and she was DYING of pain and tears were streaming bigtime. Long story short they finally talked her into an epidural (which she was totally against) in case they had to rush her in for a C-section. Two seconds after she got the epidural she was screaming that she could feel her and she needed to push (they had just barely checked her before the epidural and she was still a 7). They moved her BARELY so they could check her again and the baby just flew out onto the bed, no pushing no nothing. I about DIED! I didn't even have time to get weepy. I was just making sure that little teensy body didn't fall off the bed while the nurse ran to get everybody. The cord was wrapped pretty tightly around her neck twice but they got it off and she cried immediately and all is well! We stayed for about an hour and Robb came in to see her for the first time. It was just amazing.

We went back today so Sarah could see her kids and so the boys could see Avery. It was a madhouse! Trying to control those 4 kids under 7 was pretty funny. She's still doing well and looks even more adorable today...I mean seriously is she cute or what? They washed her hair all up and put a bow in and the whole bit. Anyway, she seems to be doing well so hopefully we are placed with her tomorrow when Sarah checks out and we can bring her home. Yea!!

Here's a few more pics from today. Click here.

17 comments:

KrisJ said...

OMG Kris she is so stinkin cute!! I hope all goes well and she is in your home tomorrow!!! WOOHOO

alison said...

she is so beautiful!! the whole experience sounds pretty intense. i hope it all goes as planned.

Alli said...

Kris - she's GORGEOUS - seriously one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen. Congratulations mama!

The Haley Family said...

Avery is so beauitful! So alert and stinkin' cute! She is going to fit right in with the whole Briggs' clan! She is much darker than the boys were at birth, isn't she? I could just eat her!!!

I hope placement goes well tomorrow for everyone!

Rich Jeffers @ Johnsonautoplaza said...

awesome...awesome!!

Amberlee said...

SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!!!! I can't wait to see her in person. Congratulations!

Ang said...

So so so so happy for my most favorite family! She's gorgeous!

Ang said...

P.S. Love the name.

Elizabeth said...

She is so beautiful! So glad all went well..and hope things go well tomorrow too!!! Love her name!!

Christy said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

Haley L said...

I have goosebumps. What an incredibly special experience for all of you, including Sarah. She is a gift from heaven. :)

The Teeples said...

What a cutie! Oh I am just so pleased all went well. We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers. Avery, beautiful name.

Congrats. We love you guys,
The Teeples :)

The Toy Guru said...

WOW!!! She's adorable!! I thought about you all day Friday, Saturday and today I ran home after church to look for pictures, then realized you posted them yesterday!!! Congrats with your new little sweetie!!

Syphus Family said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous little girl. We're so excited for little Avery join your great family. The pictures are amazing and it was so cool to see your darling boys with Avery. It's amazing to me to see how much Avery looks like your boys. The Lord certainly works in mysterious ways. I also think so much of the wonderful birth mother. She must have amazing strength and be an incredible lady. I'm so pleased that you're lives are connected in such a wonderful way.
Know that we're so happy for you and we look so forward to seeing your family soon.
Love, Claire and Bob Chilton (Amberlee's parents)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of her and Zack. His toothless grins is the best and her expression is great!! Thanks for letting us see her via web cam last night. We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Kris--I was just thinking about you a minute ago and thought I would check your blog to see if your little one had arrived. WOW!!! She's beautiful. Wish I was there to give you a hug and the birth mom one too. Congratulations.