12.17.2007

Our First Gingerbread House!


I know lots of people make gingerbread houses during the holidays but I never did it growing up and we've never done it since we've been married or had kids. So, we decided to try it. Grandma and Grandpa got here today so we put Grandma in charge of instructions, Grandpa in charge of construction, Kris in charge of icing, and the boys in charge of decorating. (Robb was on a conference call of course...*frown*) Little did we know you have to let each side dry for 30 mintues after you put them together so it took a little longer than expected but here's pics of the process:

Prepping the ingredients...
Monitoring the construction

Getting antsy to decorate...

Do you think grandma and mom are ready to be done??


Are those hands cute or what?

End result...pretty cute!

4 comments:

alison said...

that turned out really good! jeff has banned me from ever attempting one again--too much swearing.

KrisJ said...

Very cute! Good job starting a new tradition maybe?? We started last year and the kids had so much fun I realized I should have been doing it all along.

Erica said...

Pretty cute? Way CUTE!! I hope you had a very happy birthday!!

Shandy said...

hey girlie! got your christmas card yesterday and had to come check out your blog :)
(yeah.. I've been here reading all of your past post for the last little while vs. doing my housework - eeeks!)

your trip to the orient sounded like a blast and all the photos were awesome!
I'll be sure to check back more often :)