12.06.2007

Finally Here...

After a super long day, I finally made it. I don't really get nervous to fly internationally and it was all really a breeze. The only thing I was concerned about was getting to my hotel from the airport. Robb said he would send a driver out there for me so I was a little worried he wouldn't be able to find me or I wouldn't be able to find him and I didn't want to get stuck paying a taxi to take me into the city.

Well, when you come through customs, you come out into this big waiting area. There's a few greasy guys holding signs trying to get you to use their taxi service and they heckle you a little bit. But, then I saw this guy in a perfect suit, totally clean cut, with a sign that read, "Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit - Mrs. Kristin Briggs." I always wanted someone holding a sign with my name on it! So he took my bag and escorted me out to the "limo service." My sister and I joked that probably meant it would be an '85 Toyota van or a run down Jeep or something. But, it was a brand new top of the line Mercedes. So nice inside. They gave me moist towlettes and water too...I was dying. Anyway, he had me to my hotel room in 20 minutes where I got to reunite with my Robb. :)

I must sleep now...more tomorrow.

5 comments:

alison said...

that is so cool!! i hope you got a picture of the sign!

tamiz said...

Dang fancy anniversary trip! Sure beats dinner at the Cheesecake Factory!

Erica said...

Livin' the high life uh? Well enjoy it!! Did you get a picture of the guy holding hte sign with your name on it? That would be so cool.

Carli said...

LUCKY!!! I know that long on a plane is a stinker. Have a fantastic time and I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear of your adventures.

KrisJ said...

That is for sure fancy! I also have always wanted my name on a board when I walked out! Im glad you made it safe and Im so glad you are in blogger world while you are so far away!