12.07.2007

Day 2

Ok, so before 10am I blew up my hair dryer and my battery charger which made all the power go out in my room. Note to self...just because the plug fits in the outlet doesn't mean the voltage is right. So my hair will look crappy and I will have to buy batteries this week but so goes life.

So here's four words that describe Bangkok: HotHumid (just pretend it is one word) I was sweaty all day, even tonight while we were walking around. Clean - There isn't trash anywhere. There are not really any trashcans either. People just don't litter. The subway and the skytrain (I took both today) are modern and clean and don't smell which is refreshing. Friendly - I don't know if it's the bowing or daily worship or what but everyone is very respectful and friendly. Colorful - Robb said that people wear a certain color for diffent reasons. Like pink is supposed to help you be healthy so if you're sick, you wear pink. And so on with other colors.

So I mostly just explored a few shopping places today, sat by the pool, and relaxed (and blew up a few things). I figured out the transportation options so now I can go ANYWHERE. After Robb got home he took me to this street cafe for dinner. I had rice with beef and garlic and pepper sauce and Pad Thai (noodles, sprouts, egg). It was yummy....then we went to a night bazaar which is just a bunch of tourist shopping. We ended our night with a Blizzard at DQ. It was just what I needed to help with the heartburn from dinner. :)

Robb's work is sending us on an excursion up to the old capital tomorrow and then we come back to Bangkok by a cruise boat on the river. Till tomorrow...

3 comments:

tamiz said...

I wish I would have sent our plug converter with you!! Just last week I cleaned out a drawer and asked Caleb if he was ever going over seas again. I was about to throw it out. SHOULD have sent it your way! We need pics!

Erica said...

I thought that since you have lived over seas before that you would know that the outlets are different than in America. Well I guess it was exciting if nothing else. You sound like you are having a wonderful time.

KrisJ said...

What an adventure! Im so excited and proud of you for being so advernturous!