6.09.2010

Thank You Paula Deen

So I mentioned on Facebook that I made a yummy (strange?) treat with the kiddos yesterday and kind of got a crazy response so I thought I'd post the recipe here. It's from a kids recipe book by Paula Deen.

Frozen Bananas

4 bananas

2 C. chocolate chips

1 T. milk

1 cup chopped peanuts

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Chop peanuts up. Cut bananas in half crossways. Put chocolate chips in liquid measuring cup and add milk. Microwave for 40 seconds and stir. Keep microwaving 10 seconds at a time until chocolate is thin. Take tongs and dip bananas in chocolate, roll in peanuts, and place on wax paper. Freeze for several hours and enjoy.

It's like a banana split without the ice cream!

post signature

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to have frozen bananas after I went running with my dad as a treat, but never with chocolate and peanuts! Yum!!!