2.26.2010

Flashback

I am participating in ADSR right now (Amazing Digital Scrapbook Race) and the current challenge involves using an old pic and a new pic of yourself. So this morning I got out my book with all my old school pictures in it. I asked the boys if they wanted to see pics of me when I was their age. They were totally excited!

So we snuggle up on the couch and crack open the photo album. My first pic in kindergarten has that old Olan Mills-ish painted background, and Bryce says, "Mom! I didn't know you lived in the olden days!" Oh...my...gosh...

Then we get to about the 5th grade where I had decided that SHORT hair was the way to go and Zack says, "Mom, you looked like a boy." And that was despite my pink shirt with the huge bow! I mean seriously!

Then we get to the 8th grade and Zack says, "Mom, you have a 'fro like Avery!" I admit, I did look pretty terrible, and to prove it, here ya go.

Talk about an awkward stage. I mean look at that perm! Still wasn't allowed to wear make up so I'm totally sporting the zits and the freckles are blazing! Beautiful peach earrings don't you think? And who didn't have a cool shirt with pastel colored shapes and an indian chief that said hang ten?

Then this picture elicited a "Mom, what is your hair doing?" So I had to include my best bangs pic which I have to say is pretty tame. I remember my mom telling me that she didn't like this picture very much (that was putting it mildly, right mom?). And out of rebellion I flat out refused retakes. Ah the angst of a 10th grader. Happy Friday!

post signature

9 comments:

Lori Davis said...

Look at that... Avery did get some of your genes!! I love the hair, the earrings, the shirt, the bangs, the hair clip... I love it all!! Thank you for a fantastic start to my day! I know I could dig some up that look VERY similar!!

alison said...

Oh my gosh!! Love the boys commentary there--and the pictures are awesome. :)

Erica said...

Girl you were looking good!! I love all the comments. By the way- the layout came out awesome, I knew you could do it- that's why I gave it to you. :)

Lester Family said...

You're awsome. The bangs...love the bangs...did you use the hairdryer and hairspray trick?

The Seaquist Family said...

Great pictures! I have one that is almost exactly like the one with your perm.

KrisJ said...

OH MY SNAP!! Those are awesome!! Im pretty sure I have very similar pics!

Unknown said...

I LOVED your layout you did with those! You are inspiring me to want to get out my old photos... well, kind of. LOL

shelly said...

That is so hilarious! I know I have pics with exactly the same hair and very similar clothes- I can't believe we used to look like that and think we were cool. LOL

The Haley Family said...

WOW...you are brave! I have some seriously worse photos of me! My bang picture...WOW...8th grade! The peach earrings, Hang ten shirt...and we thought we were SO COOL!!!