5.01.2012

Women's Conference

I love Women's Conference.  I may just be addicted.  This was my 8th year in a row if my math is right.  I know some women don't love going because they leave feeling they have to be perfect or they just aren't doing enough right.  I look at it a different way.  The chance to listen to others who have just as many struggles as me but still find a way to make it through.  To me it is inspiring!  I went to a lot of great classes this year like loving family members who are struggling, feeling loved by Heavenly Father, meaningful prayer, being patient with yourself, and helping kids to handle stress.  The final session was Elder Neal L. Anderson and it is always amazing to listen to an apostle.  We also helped out with the service this year and went to the concert again.

I also have such a good time seeing my friends, those I live close to now and those who I don't get to see very often.

Here is me and my partner in crime.  
(I think there was a smudge on my camera lens so the first two pics are a little cloudy)


My dear friend Heather!  I met Heather in Idaho when we lived there and we have been such great friends ever since.  We used to call each other with cool new things we'd find in the Book of Mormon or new thoughts on politics.  I remember riding in the car to go vote together at the car dealership in Nampa.  She was my visiting teacher for many years and I just love her to pieces.


Jennie, definitely one of my Idaho BFF's!  I just can't get enough of this girl.  We went and did service together on Thursday night.  Jennie and her family were our next door neighbors in Nampa.  I'm excited to go see and stay with their family next month when our husbands do the 1/2 Ironman in Boise.


At the concert, Heather and I found Emily.  So Heather was my visiting teacher and I was Emily's visiting teacher and it creates such a bond!  It was so fun to catch up even though we've gone such different directions since Idaho.  Love these girls! 


Ah...Crystal, mi prima!  I met Crystal while working at BYU and we later found out we were cousins.  About 15 years later I saw that she was my sister's friend on facebook and they were in the same ward.  She and Mel are great friends now and Crystal even came on our cruise with us last December.  It was fun to see her at Women's Conference and she also played with my kids a little bit over the weekend.


Ah, my fellow Coloradan, Alison.  We ran into her and her mom at the concert and we sat together at the last session.  I have never seen a girl crochet so fast and I am pretty fast!  


It was a great and inspiring weekend.  Grateful to my sister and my mother-in-law for watching my littles so I could go this year!
post signature

1 comments:

Erica said...

As always it was a fun weekend!!