Yay, yay and double yay! I'm so glad school is done. Just ready for the break. Today was the school picnic and Zack's 5th grade continuation. Since the little princess was a puking machine this morning, we bailed on the picnic. And I was in and out of the gym during the continuation ceremony with Avery but I was in there long enough to totally bawl like a baby.
When I dropped Zack off at kindergarten, there were NO tears, in fact I'm pretty sure I was skipping like a school girl back to my car. Well, today, all the 5th grade teachers were crying about what a great batch of kids they were and that just got things started. Even though he is the king of being grounded, Zack has made strides during his time at Prairie Ridge and especially this year. They all received "diplomas" and then the special EXCELLENCE awards were given out. There were 2 academic awards, 2 music awards, and 2 pride awards given out per class. Zack received one of the music awards and I was so proud of him! He has really grown in music this year so I'm glad his teacher noticed!
I didn't get any pics of the ceremony because:
A-My camera is terrible, and
B-I was trying to keep Avery from puking in front of everyone.
But I did snag these afterwards. Mrs. Wolfinbarger was amazing. She was also the adviser over his MESA group and Zack just loved her. I'm grateful for teachers who are just strict enough but still understanding about all the irresponsibility and flaws these kiddos have. She is such a positive person and was great for Zack.
He was not the only one close to tears saying goodbye to her today.
Cathy Keller is a great music teacher. Zack has become quite close to her over the year through All State Elementary choir and the school musical.
I'm sad this picture turned out so grainy and yucky and I just don't have to desire to try and make it look better! But, oh do we LOVE Mrs. Olsen. Bryce has had the most difficult year so far in school with his tics, his ADHD, fluctuations in medications, anxiety, anti-social issues, and more. This gal has been an amazing support and so understanding through everything. And by the end of the year, his TCAP tests showed that he was on the higher end of proficient for reading and comprehension which is a complete miracle! We are so grateful for his hard work and determination!
So we get in the car and I say, "Woo hoo for summer!" And this is what I got in return:
"What's wrong??" I said. "I'm gonna miss this school." Then Bryce piped in, "I'm going to miss Mrs. Olsen!" Ha ha...
2 comments:
You already have this blogged?!? You are amazing! Congrats to you and your kiddos on a great school year!
I was just thinking the same thing as Carli--I don't even think the chairs are all put away yet from the graduation. :) Kaiya and I were both a hot mess after the events this morning. I'm all cried out (pehaps a few were happy tears to be done with the projects/homework). It's been fun watching Zack grow up since he and Kaiya have been in almost every class together. Neat to see him get the music award today!
Post a Comment