3.17.2010

Pod Racer

Zack's official first pinewood derby is coming up Saturday. I'm pretty bummed I'm going to miss it. Robb has been commanded to take many pictures. We are definitely not in it to win it. We have not spent hours researching how to make your car fly down the track. But, I think Zack had fun making it. We kind of saw something online and then Zack of course tweaked it to fit a Star Wars theme. He LOVES Star Wars and especially watching the pod races. He's watched that part on Phantom Menace an insane amount of times. So he decided it would be cool to make an iPod car and call it a Pod Racer, which I thought was totally creative. I designed most of the graphics on the computer and he and Robb cut and sanded and painted and sealed and hammered and screwed in weights. And here is what we came up with.



post signaturePosted by Picasa

4 comments:

Erica said...

Very good job!! I think it turned out awesome! I like the new blog look too- way to do the family picture.

Elizabeth said...

LOVE IT!!! That is so awesome! Way to go...for the first Pinewood Derby! I remember our first one, Scott was just hoping it crossed the finish line! :)

Brandie Lyon said...

Too cute

Unknown said...

That is way cool!!! It looks like a winning car to me!