6.29.2009

Sweet

So this morning, Bryce came in and woke me up about 9:30. Yea, I know I'm lucky. Anyway, he said, "Mom, I have a surprise for you and the whole family!" Groggily I replied, "Awesome bud. I can't wait to see it." "Well, you have to come soon or it will be ruined." My tired brain didn't even try to figure out what that meant. So I slowly got up, got the baby changed and made it downstairs about 10 minutes later. As I get to the bottom of the stairs, Bryce, in his best Vanna pose, points to the table. All five spots are set including Avery's. Avery has banana and mixed berry with a spoon perfectly positioned in front of her high chair. All the rest of us have a bowl of cereal, filled to the top with milk mind you (which is why it would be ruined, they are all fully soggy now). The spoons are all perfect. We also each have a package of pop tarts next to our bowl and the boys have a container of jello by their bowls (which is weird because we never have jello for breakfast but still cute). "See, I made breakfast for everyone!" Oh my gosh it was the cutest thing ever! I gave him a huge hug and told him thank you. I thought it was so cute he had a place set and cereal poured for Robb even though he was long gone to work. So despite the wasted cereal and milk, I loved seeing this sweet side of Bryce.

6 comments:

Lori Davis said...

That is so sweet! The fact that it was 9:30 even makes it sweeter! What a great kid.... did you eat the soggy cereal? :)

Elizabeth said...

What a cutie! So very thoughtful and how detailed to think of pop tarts and jello! :)

Ang said...

That's awesome! Cute. cute. cute.

Unknown said...

That is pretty cute! It is nice to see your kids trying to be helpers!

Tirsa said...

What a sweet boy. I love when our kids do super cute and sweet things to make up for all of the super naughty and annoying things that they do!!!

Kimberly Davis said...

Do you think he can teach my kids a few things?????