6.06.2009

Exploring RMNP

We are STILL waiting for Robb to get back from his bike trip so after my insanely long run this morning we tried to come up with something fun to do today. The second I mentioned Estes Park, my boys about jumped out of their shoes. So I loaded up all the kiddos and we headed up there for the afternoon. We love Rocky Mountain National Park and Sprague Lake because it's a short little loop, there are fun areas for the boys to explore on the side, and the view is unreal. It was a beautiful day, a little breezy, but we had a great time. We saw a couple of very huge elk with massive racks too. Avery was sick of the car by the time we got up there but when we got her out and put her in the stroller, she was LOVING the breeze and being outside. (Me too...)

Zack trying to figure out which peak is which.


Yea, how could I NOT buy these shades?? She loved our little stroll.



The halfway point of the loop.

My two handsome boys taking a break.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We love RMNP too! So fun for you guys. Loved Avery's glasses...she is just adorable! Looks like your boys had a blast too!

Lori Davis said...

MOM OF THE YEAR!!! After a week alone?? Nicely done! Looks like fun!

cherylinthedr@yahoo.com said...

Next time take Grandma Cheryl with you! Such fun and way to go, Kris! Takes a lot of energy to keep up with life without Dad home, from someone who knows!

Unknown said...

Those are some adorable shades! I also love to just get away for awhile sometimes and look at all the beautiful scenery around us. Isn't Colorado the best?

The Haley Family said...

I agree with Lori...Mom of the Year after a week alone! I usually feel like locking myself in a closet! :) Great pictures!!!