4.07.2009

Respect, Reverence, and the Potty

For FHE last night, I was sharing with the boys one of my favorite talks from conference which was by the general primary president on respect and reverence. We quizzed Bryce on reverence and what it means and how we make our hands and feet and face reverent and why it's not just important to be reverent for us but for other people around us. (We've had the reverence FHE so many times I can't even tell you...one of these days, sacrament will be better...I hope.) Then we worked on the concept of respect with Zack. All in all it went pretty good.

Well, Robb was saying our closing prayer and everyone was being good and then you could hear Bryce get off the couch and start sneaking away. I quietly whispered, "Hey fold your arms, daddy is praying." He obediently folded his arms and continuted to make his way to the bathroom where he relieved himself with the door open and all and then quietly (with arms folded) made his way back to the couch where he was quite reverent for the rest of the prayer. I was dying and Robb was trying hard not to laugh in the middle of his prayer. I guess he kind of got the gist of reverence but not quite.

I reminded him after the prayer that we shouldn't get up and go potty during the prayer. "Oh...ok." Like the thought had never occured to him...

4 comments:

The Haley Family said...

We usually have a good experience during sacrament meeting...but prayers at home are a different story! They like to see if Ella is closing her eyes. YA RIGHT...she is copying them!

Haley L said...

I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go. Thank you for a much needed laugh today.

Unknown said...

That is totally funny! Made me laugh as I pictured it in my head!

Kristy and Erik said...

That is awesome! You do hope one day after all that we teach them that something will get threw to them. That just makes me laugh.