Easter was great. Lowkey and perfect. Robb took them to the Easter egg hunt on Saturday that they had at the park in our subdivision while I was out to lunch with some friends. They loved it. Sunday morning, they brought the "special" eggs into our room and we went through the easter story. We got these from Bryce's pre-school teacher 2 years ago and my kids love to open them and talk about the special things inside them every year. Zack really seemed to latch onto the story this year and his little eyes showed really how in awe he was at what Jesus did. "He even died for the bad guys that whipped him?" "Yep...everybody." I love it when they start to "get it."

The special eggs
After the special eggs, they got to go find their baskets. My dad would be SO proud at where the Easter Bunny hid baskets this year. Fond memories of my childhood. :) Zack's ended up being in the dryer and Bryce's was in the oven. They kept looking just on the ground and behind the couch and obvious places. When I told them maybe they are old enough they need to start looking "inside" things a light went off in their eyes and they raided cupboards and the pantry and closets and finally found them.
The special eggs
After the special eggs, they got to go find their baskets. My dad would be SO proud at where the Easter Bunny hid baskets this year. Fond memories of my childhood. :) Zack's ended up being in the dryer and Bryce's was in the oven. They kept looking just on the ground and behind the couch and obvious places. When I told them maybe they are old enough they need to start looking "inside" things a light went off in their eyes and they raided cupboards and the pantry and closets and finally found them.
One thing we've always done on Easter is do a little family picture. Well, we tried a timer shot this year since we didn't have any family with us. This was the best we could get.
- Bryce's blazer that is 2 sizes too big but he insisted on wearing it.
- Avery's headband. I got it from a good friend and I LOVE it and I finally took the time to take it in a little so it would fit her teeny tiny head.
- That I mostly got smiles out of everyone even though they were tired and sick of being in church clothes. (Avery had been so good during church and didn't even puke! But, she was asleep and we woke her up for the pic so once again, a crying baby in the perfect dress.)
- Zack trying to make it look like he was resting his head on Robb's shoulder.
After church we headed to Robb's brother's house for dinner. The food was awesome! The kids play so good together and it's fun just to see how much they laugh when they're together. Then Robb and his brother Jeff had to take the Wii controllers away from Zack and his cousin Carson to play some baseball. It was HILARIOUS. The competetive Briggs spirit came out. Their form was laughable. Their trash talk was typical. I don't even know who won but we were laughing our heads off. Robb threw out his back and Jeff thought he pulled an "ab muscle." Ahh age...isn't it beautiful?
All in all we had a great day, our kids learned a little more about the Savior, we enjoyed our new ward, and spent some great time with family. Perfect!

6 comments:
We don't have the "special eggs", but I have heard of them and if you have something you could e-mail me, that would be wonderful! Also, I was remarking what a clean oven you have! I feel like I am constantly cleaning mine just to spill something on the bottom next time I turn it on! Great Easter pictures too!
maybe sometime for a 'craft day' we should all get together and make the special eggs--i made them for a few neighbors this year and it was a positive thing.
LOVE the family picture--playing with the timer is so much fun. i've been thinking of doing that now that its spring-ish.
Such a fun easter! I wish we could have joined you... although Scott does not need to sustain any injuries in the name of Wii... he already did not follow the Wii rules and attach it to his wrist, anyway, in a serious game of bowling it flew out of his hand, knocked down everything in it's way, and broke the glass out of our frame. NICE! The kids were like, "You are in so much trouble!" We did the special eggs too and it was fun this year to watch them get it. Love the family picture!!
I would also like to know more about the special eggs. Sounds like a great tradition. How do you get them to do that first and bring them to you?
What a great idea with the special eggs. Do you think that I could get a copy from you? If you don't mind that would be awesome. That would be such a fun tradition to start. Sound like a great Easter day. You have such a beautiful little family.
I need the 'special eggs' directions! That would be a great addition to our Easter traditions! love the pictures and I need to hide baskets next year! Never thought of that!
Post a Comment