2.22.2009

Yummy...really!

OK, so after taking several months off from even caring what I was eating or how much I was exercising (ya know the whole holiday and adopting a baby excuses), I'm South Beachin' it again and I just don't know why I ever stop because I feel great. Anyhoo...I thought I'd start posting some good recipes again. I made this one this morning and was VERY skiddish cause it kind of just didn't sound the greatest. I'm in the phase right now where you eat no carbs so you have to get creative. Anyway, if you are doing SB or Atkins or just cutting carbs in general, then this is a good one! It feels like you're cheating but you're not.

Belgian Waffles
2 eggs
1/4 C. low fat ricotta cheese
1 T. Splenda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. cinnamon
dash nutmeg

Spray waffle iron with Pam if needed. This makes one large belgian waffle or 2 small regular waffles and is one serving so eat up! Serve with sugar free syrup.

3 comments:

Jolayne said...

Good luck. You've probably heard this before, but my mom always used to say, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."

Jenn said...

Oh, I think I'll try it.

The Haley Family said...

sounds good! I just might try it. I am still doing the SB thing. This last little bit WON'T go AWAY!!! Any recipes help, I am burned out on eating healthy!

Good job and starting again!