9.26.2008

Cool...

OK, so I've always been interested in family history but just haven't had time or really known all that much about the ins and outs about how to get started. Well my parents are family history missionaries in Salt Lake and they called me last night and said since I live in Denver, I can sign into the NEW familysearch.org site. Not everyone can yet but Denver is one of the first to go online. So I signed on to the site and put in my info (membership # from your recommend and your confirmation date) and it was so cool! My whole pedigree automatically came up that went back generations and generations. There is no more entering stuff into PAF, it's just already all there! They also have little cool icons that automatically tell you whether a family's work is all done or if there are ordinances that need to be done. You don't have to click on each person individually anymore. There are lots of cool things I haven't figured out yet but it totally got me excited! They have taken YEARS to design this and have just made it so simple and it's not so time consuming anymore. Anyway, I can't hold on to some of my excuses anymore...time to get moving.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way! Being a convert, I felt like I didn't know where to start, and this site is great!!!

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing! Family History is another one of those things that has always felt overwhelming to me This sounds exciting!

The Haley Family said...

sounds really cool. Our stake is actually doing a fireside this Sunday about it...in Cheyenne of course so we will not be going.

Brandie Lyon said...

So, even if you haven't done anything, it's there?