WHAT IS HIS NAME?
Robert K Briggs
He goes by Robb and is also known as Robbie by his dad and other members of his family. The K stands for Kay (his dad) but is just a letter, not an abbreviation. I learned this too late as I had Robert Kay Briggs printed on our wedding invites...oops.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED?
We just passed 11 years on December 27th.
HOW LONG DID YOU DATE?
We met at the tail end of our missions in the Canary Islands. We got home May 26, 1996 and our first date was July 4, 1996. After that first date, we knew it was the real deal. We were engaged on Sept. 26, 1996 and married December 27, 1996. So I guess we technically dated almost 6 months.
WHO SAID I LOVE YOU FIRST?
Robb. Our first date was on a Thursday and he told me he loved me 2 days later on Saturday. I told him that was great but I wasn't quite ready to say that yet. He said it was no biggie, he just wanted me to know how he felt. Does that sound like Robb or what?

WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED?
It depends which side is closest to the bathroom in our different room arrangements. I always have to use the facilities in the middle of the night. We don't really have sides.
WHO MOWS THE LAWN?
I think it's about 50/50. I'm weird in that I like mowing and I like shoveling snow so sometimes it gets done before Robb gets a chance.
WHO DRIVES?
Definitely me. Driving makes Robb sleepy and I think he gets sick of my..."Seriously...could you go any faster?" or "You are totally asking for a speeding ticket."
WHO IS MORE STUBBORN?
Robb is the most easy going guy I know and isn't very stubborn at all. That award would go to me hands down.
WHO KISSED WHO FIRST?
Robb kissed me first on our first date. He was just leaving my apartment and decided to kiss me. 3 hours later he went home. :) Right after he kissed me, he said, "So...where do you want this to go?" I replied, "You're the one who kissed me! Where do YOU want it to go?" I guess we see where it went...
WHO ASKED WHO OUT FIRST?
Robb called me about 2 weeks after we got home from our missions to see how I was feeling. (I had ruptured a disc in my lower back at the end of my mission.) He wanted to know if I was still coming to Utah. Apparently I had told him this on the plane but can't remember any of it due to painkillers. I told him yes and he asked if I wanted to go to Stadium of Fire at Cougar Stadium. (I said yes...)
WHO PROPOSED?
Robb. I had gone up to Ricks to visit him over a weekend. (I was at BYU) I got there around midnight and we went for a drive. We ended up at Twin Peaks Golf Course and he pulled up to the 18th green so it was all lit up. (We used to play a lot of golf.) He turned on our song which was "Me and You" by Kenny Chesney and we got out of the car. While standing in the headlights, he gave me a fortune cookie and told me to open it. The fortune said, "A diamond ring and a life full of dreams are in your near future." When I looked up, he was on his knee with a ring and asked me to marry him. I think I totally tackled him and started laying kisses on him before he could finish the question.
WHO WEARS THE PANTS?
Sorry babe but I'm pretty sure that distinction goes to me...
WHY DO YOU LOVE HIM?
So many reasons...he loves me, he loves our family and works so hard for all of us, he's hot, he's motivated, he's humble, he's laid back, he lets me have me time, he loves so many things that I love, he's super spiritual, he does things for me when he knows I think it's important (he went to caucus for me when I couldn't even though he hated it), he reminds me what's important...just to name a few.
I'm not going to tag anyone but I think everyone should do it. It will be fun to read about how all of you got started in your lives together!

12 comments:
that was cute--LOVE the pictures!
Kris,
That was great. I love all the pictures of you guys when you got married. Such fun reading such great entries.
that's a great wedding picture.
Our wedding Anniversary is Dec. 27th also.
fun fun! I think our wedding dresses were very similar. We got married in '97, must have been in style!!
So cool. I think that once again I knew the whole story. I love that!!
That was great! The proposal part made me tear up. And I too loved the pics you looked so pretty on your special day!! And neither of you have really changed!
Loved that! Too cute! Your wedding pics are fun! My dress also looked like that! But, we were in 94..the years didn't really change! :) What a fantastic couple!
What a mega fab idea. I think I will totally copy you. What a great thing to do for V-day!
Loved your descriptions. Remembered alot of that myself. Happy Valentine's day.
Dad
This is mom testing my access to your blog.
Hi Kris,
We loved your blog all about Robb and you.......it was terrific!
You are so cute! MOM
That was great to read. Loved the wedding pics!
Post a Comment