Well, an adventurous cook I am, but Martha Stewart I am not. They didn't quite work...LOL. They look beautiful though don't they? I was watching my candy thermometer like a hawk but the caramel turned out too hard. So we ended up putting them in the oven till the caramel softened up and came off and just ate the caramel and peanuts...LOL, which was still a super yummy FHE treat. I promised the boys I would try again on Halloween. Stay tuned for an update.
Carving pumpkins has kind of been hit and miss for us. (I don't love it.) The boys have always liked getting the pumpkin at the patch and cutting the top off and seeing the goo inside but that's about it. They don't like to touch the "guts" or do the carving so they run away and I usually end up doing it. Well, finally this year was different! Woo hoo. They were totally into it! Neither one was afraid of the guts and slime and Zack did his very own carving for the first time. I carved one on Bryce's but then he did his own on the back too. It was actually quite enjoyable this year.
Now Avery was hilarious. She was not turned off by the guts AT ALL. In fact, we were waiting for her to gross out when she stuck her hand in and it never happened. She sat there pulling seeds and gunk out for about 20 minutes. I think she liked the slime!
Then she started double fisting it baby! So cute.
Zack meditating with the pumpkins...yea, I'm not sure why??
Afterwards, the boys (including Robb) wanted to roast the pumpkin seeds which we've never done before so we gave it a go. I don't love the taste but the boys did and it made the house smell very "harvesty."

2 comments:
so much fun!! The guts are the best part of carving!!
Shelby has that same owl shirt. Great minds I guess.
Post a Comment