This past weekend, my siblings and father exacted a most fantastic surprise for my mom's 70th birthday. Mel and I (and Avery) secretly flew up while Kelly drove up to Spokane. My oldest brother Mike, of course, already lives there and helped coordinate everything. Mike and Jen said they were taking mom out for her birthday so the surprise guests showed up about 30 minutes early so we could surprise her when she showed up. I think it's fair to say, she had NO idea. She was in tears almost instantly. I made her a scrapbook of the 70 things we love about her. (Thanks for the idea Liz!) Dad, the kids, inlaws, and grandkids all contributed things they love about mom. She loved it!
Me, Mel, Mallory (oldest niece), Kelly
The next morning while I was in the shower, mom took Avery outside for a little walk. When I came outside, I snapped these pics. Grandma was telling her big stories and Avery was loving every minute of it.
The weekend was great but short. It was so fun to completely surprise my mom and I loved Avery having some one on one with grandma and grandpa. :)

4 comments:
Great idea! You are my hero!
What's not to love about Sharon! I am misty eyed just picturing that moment! Such a great idea to with the scrapbook.
K Avery looks about 4 in those pics.. so cute! Glad you got to go surprise your mom!
What an awesome weekend!! I am so happy you were able to surprise her and had such a great time. I do know how hard it is to be away from family...:) I bet the book turned out so cute!
Post a Comment