I heard him downstairs talking nice, not bossy like he usually does. No one was fighting, it was quiet. Pretty soon, I hear them all coming up the stairs, trying to be quiet. They walked in my room with a plate of scrambled eggs and toast. I knew teaching Zack to make scrambled eggs would pay off! It was so sweet. They put Avery up on my bed to "help me" eat my breakfast and then they ran back downstairs. It was still very quiet downstairs which made me a little nervous. Then I heard the vacuum...hmm. They ran back upstairs with this letter:
Drugs had kicked in enough by then so I got up and started to make my way downstairs. (I couldn't wait till the afternoon and I knew they wanted me to see what they did before they left for school.) They had cleaned up the best they could. They had made a "play place" in the corner with toys for Avery. They had pillows and a blanket on the couch for me with the remote and a diet coke poured into a glass with ice. I mean do they know me or what? They also had a stack of pictures they had drawn for me. It was just so cute and I think it made me feel even better than the vicodin did. Ha ha...I love my sweet kids.


8 comments:
K- your kids ROCK!!! What amazing little guys you have. It makes all those tough times worth this. :)
Such sweet kiddos...they are the best! Hope you get to feeling better.
That is soo sweet!!! Sure hope you are feeling better!!! Cysts are NO stinking fun!!!
Hugs girl!
That is so sweet!! And Im so sorry your having such a rough painful stupid time right now!
So sorry that you are sick!!!! I didn't realize you were going through this right now. Wish I was closer to help you. That is the dang cutest thing ever though. You are such a great mom and that story proves it! Love you!
What sweet kids you have!!! That was such a precious note. Love that they poured you a diet coke too... They know what makes mommy happy! :) Feel better soon!
Oh my goodness!!! They are so great! I love them taking care of you. I hope you are feeling better! Give them an extra hug from Aunt Lori.
WOW! That's awesome! I hope my kids are that cool when they get a bit older! :) Way to go mama!
Post a Comment