9.21.2010

9 years

Zack had a great birthday yesterday. He was up early to open his presents. I mean, when did birthdays turn in to Christmas morning? When I went to wake him up at 7:15, he got up instantly and had a huge smile on his face. Why can't that be every morning??

The only thing he really requested for his birthday was Star Wars stuff. He's been obsessed for a few years and it may just last awhile. He did get some Star Wars things but I went out on a limb and got him some Harry Potter things too since he loved watching all the movies with me this summer. He got some Harry Potter Legos and the new wii game. Grandma Cheryl sent him cash which he was thrilled with since he's saving for an iPod Touch. And Grandma and Grandpa Morgan sent him Lego Star Wars PJ's, galactic heroes, and a cool Smithsonian Science Kit.

He requested bacon, sausage, and eggs for breakfast. And even though it was 96 degrees by the end of the day, it was 46 degrees in the morning and busted out the hot cocoa machine too!

I brought some cookies into his class at the end of the day. It was fun to see him in his class with his friends. His confidence has grown and you can tell he's very liked by all his classmates...or maybe it was just because he was handing out cookies?? LOL...

For dinner he requested Subway which is one of his favorite places. It was quite enjoyable because we were the only ones there and Avery was in a dancing mood. She danced through the whole place to Shania Twain and whatever else was on while we sat and ate. Nothing like a little dinner entertainment.

Then we went home for cake. I burned the original cake...oops so we just made cupcakes. The Stanworths came over to celebrate with us and brought him some more Galactic Heroes. So he had an amazing day.

Can't believe my Zack Smack Attack is 9. Wow, time flies. I love you buddy.

post signature

1 comments:

Lori Davis said...

Happy Birthday, Zack!! We love you so much! So glad you had such a great birthday! We were thinking of you!