9.16.2010

Labor Day

I am SO behind on blogging but since I'm so comfortable on the couch right now...

Labor Day weekend ended up being so much fun. We went up to the Batel Ranch Girls' Camp just over the border in Wyoming with the Stanworths and my friend Shannon. It's owned by 8 different stakes in the area and when it's not being used for Girls' Camp, wards use it for father and sons or ward campouts. You can also use it for family reunions and reserve individual sites if it's not being used. That's what we did and it was awesome because there was hardly ANYONE there. In fact, we were the only ones there on one night. We were able to spread out, the boys roamed around and took lots of exploring hikes. We did scavenger hunts, went canoeing at the pond, played games, made amazing food...it was just a good time. :)



Everyone got turns in the canoes. Zack and Bryce both loved going by themselves. Avery was very bossy with the oars and always wanted to be using them.


Bryce brought his fishing stuff and was casting like a wild man but didn't catch anything.



Her hair got wilder and crazier every day we were there and we just let it go.


We did let the boys bring their DS's and play while the parents were having "down" time.


Yep, she's a little dirty. And the hair just keeps growing...


I will take a dirty snotty kiss anytime. And yes, I know I have stellar camping hair as well.


Chilling with his DS.


Erica's addiction grew on us...mmmmm.


Avery liked them too.


The 2nd annual FHE activity on Labor Day. Don't eat Pete! Last year it made Bryce cry. This year he loved it.
post signature
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those look like great times for sure! Loved Avery's stying hair! I might have too check out that new candy...mmmmm looks yummy!

Erica said...

As always- thanks for the good times and wonderful memories!!

Lori Davis said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the pics and love sour little watermelons! :)