7.31.2009

Exhaustion

I swear this summer has sucked the energy right on out of me! I'm looking forward to school starting just to get in a routine again and get some control back...

Last weekend was the Grand Prix 10k in Colorado Springs. Last year, it was just me and Erica but this year we recruited 9 more girls and made it into a ladies' weekend. It was so much fun. We hit Biaggi's for our pre-race dinner, did a favorite things exchange that night at the hotel (the Marriott...a little more comfy than the campground from last year), and then after the race we did a little hiking around Garden of the Gods and hit the outlets in Castle Rock. I wasn't too overly happy with my time but I did beat last year's time by about 12 seconds. It was exhausting but so much fun!
Here we are before the race. See how smiley and happy and un-sore we are? That didn't last for long...LOL.


Here is our group after the race.

After being home for about 36 hours it was off to Girls' Camp. Robb worked from home for three days so I could go to camp. I've gone to camp as a leader about 7 times and I love it but I must say this was the coldest and wettest camp I've EVER been to including when I went to camp back in the day. My fellow leader had to go home after only being there a couple of hours because she had a gall stone ATTACK! (Good luck with your surgery next week miss Cindy!) So my good friend Rebecca came up and took her place for the week and we had a ball. It rained every day I was there at least for part of the day. The nights were freezing too but the girls were troopers. Every time there was a break in the weather, we put them to work with certification, service, crafts, etc. The night I left to come home, it was pouring and my van said it was 43 degrees...in the last week of JULY! So I came home exhausted again.

Here is day 1 before the rain and before Cindy's gall stones acted up. Our YCL's (Youth Camp Leaders) were the BEST. Alyssa and Melodi stayed positive the whole time, even through the naughty weather, and kept the girls excited.


Busy busy busy and now on to planning Avery's sealing...

2 comments:

Lori Davis said...

I can't believe how cold it was! I know you would be the best camp leader... those are some lucky girls! Good job on your race! I can't wait to see you in 2 WEEKS!!

The Haley Family said...

Don't fall asleep standing up you busy lady!!! What a week for you! The race was so fun with all of you, thanks for inviting me! Girls Camp...I haven't been for probably 6 years. See you in 2 weeks!